Contributors

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

10 years on...

So I haven't posted anything this year until now. I realise that there is probably no one reading this, and to be honest that is a good thing. This post is just to comfort myself by there being a post every year on this blog since 2005.... Woah... 10 years.... 10 years since my dad made this thing for me.

Right now I am in my first year at the University of Surrey, studying aerospace engineering. I guess back when I was 8 I had no clue that I would be here. I probably didn't really know what university was, or even what secondary school was. I get this feeling that I am growing up far too fast. Seeing my past written down on a blog brings up so many memories. Then the nostalgia kicks in.

I reread a couple of posts from when I was 8. The first one was entitled "I'M SICK!!!". Clearly I hadn't quite learnt how to spell "diarrhoea", but then I always do use the spell checker on that word! Anyway, the reason I bring up this particular event was because, as I read it, I remembered it so clearly. I remember so well going to the bathroom and flooding it with my vomit. I remember why it happened, and my mum's reaction as well! Those details aren't even written in the post. The point is, I can remember some things as if they were yesterday, when in fact they were 10 years ago.

The other post I reread was actually my first ever post. Posted on 29 July 2005 at 7.18 pm, I had reviewed (well explained the plot of) the book "Cool!" by Michael Morpurgo. It is very odd that just a couple of weeks ago, someone reminded me of Michael Morpurgo, and so I started remembering this book. I can remember what happened in the book, despite only reading it the once over 10 years ago. I know that this book is still on my shelf at home, and I am tempted to read it again. This will bring back old memories.

On another note, there are some memories that seem to bring you down just after the memory happened. Some people call them the "blues". For example, the "post gig blues" you get after a gig. I was at the Bring Me The Horizon gig on 28 November 2015 at Alexandra Palace. The gig was amazing, but after the high you get from the gig wears off, you suddenly realise that the thing you had been waiting months for is over... And that is that... You spend ages watching the videos you took at the gig and that is it.... The memory has caught up with you literally a few hours after the memory took place.

Anyway..... Anyway...... ANYWAY........... This post really doesn't have a point to it and I don't really know why I am posting it... But I just hope that if you are unfortunate enough to be the one person reading this post, that you realise that no matter what you do.... You will not escape your memories. Your memories will catch up to you, whether it be 2 days or 10 years from now, or maybe when you are on your death bed.

Thank you, random citizen, for reading this senseless ramble... I apologise for the poor grammar (It is 1:52 am). I just felt like getting all this off my chest....

No comments: