Contributors

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

2018

In my final year of uni I have come to the realisation that I will be graduating in this academic year. This terrifies me. I've finally got the hang of uni and now I have to leave.

One of the things I'm going to miss most is playing American Football. This isn't something I'll really get to continue after uni.

Basically After June I don't know what I'm going to do. I have no certainty. I don't know what I want to do with my career, I don't have a love life, and I don't know how to meet new people without being in education. When I graduate, all my social, academic and professional things will go and I don't know what to do about it.

I will be 22 and feeling like the most enjoyable 4 years of my life has ended. Where do I go from here?

One option is to stay at uni. This is tempting but I can't afford this option. Also I don't think I want to do anything that is on offer. PhDs are not my thing and the only other thing Surrey offers that I think I could potentially do is post-grad nursing, but I don't think this is right for me either.

I could also go into engineering, but I don't think this is the right career direction for myself. I just will not be satisfied by this. In terms of Careers, I have been most satisfied in the part-time job at the SU, but I will lose this job pretty much when I graduate.

The next option is to procrastinate getting a job, so to speak. This wouldn't be fair on my parents as I will have no money, so I won't be able to afford anything. Also, I don't want to live with my parents for ages.

Ideally I would play music for a living but I don't think I'd get lucky in this regard.

All in all, I am scared of leaving uni and I don't want June to come. 

No comments: